Secretarial-Medical Records Department
Central Regional Pathology Laboratory
Phone 651-264-1500 Fax 651-264-1646
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1) What is the procedure for amending or correcting a pathology report which inadvertently contains incorrect or incomplete documentation.
A1) An amendment (or revised) report is issued most often for the following reasons:
- Patient’s first or last name correction - Referring physician(s) correction
- Patient’s date of birth correction - Clinical information correction - Date of procedure correction - Specimen site correction - Account name correction - Gross, microscopic or diagnosis correction
If an amendment is necessary:
- Print form “Request for Amendment/Correction of Health Information”
- Complete form. Signature of person requesting amendment is required
- Fax completed and signed form to 651-264-1646
Q2) How long does it take to receive an amended report after an amendment is requested?
A2) An amendment will be issued and sent within 24 business hours after the Request for Amendment/Correction of Health Information form is received at Central Regional Pathology Laboratory.
Q3) How long are reports kept on file at Central Regional Pathology Laboratory?
A3) All reports, including surgical, hematology and autopsy reports are kept on file for 15 years.
Choose The Right Path......